Let’s Fund FemTech
Join FemTech Collective for a week-long event series where we discuss the ins and outs of fundraising and investing in female health!
FemTech innovation has already improved the health of females and families around the world in many ways. Despite its proven impact and market potential, the FemTech industry is underfunded, accounting for only a small percentage of aggregated capital that flows into healthcare.
Current State of Fundraising:
- FemTech funding accounts for 1.4% aggregated capital that flows into healthcare. Global Newswire
- Women spend an estimated $500 billion on medical expenses annually— while a mere 4% of healthcare R&D is targeted specifically at female health issues. Tech Crunch
- An estimated 69% of FemTech startups have at least one female co-founder, in 2020, mixed-gender founding teams saw approximately 11.4 percent of VC capital invested compared to only 2.7 percent invested in solely female-lead teams. Embroker
- 4 percent of CEOs and 21 percent of board members at Fortune 500 health care companies are women
- Women make up less than 5% of venture capitalists. Inc
- A large number of healthcare venture capitalists are yet to invest in FemTech. Business Wire
Increasing investment in FemTech startups from idea stage to exit is one of the most impactful ways to help FemTech innovators overcome industry specific challenges. In this series, we will engage the global FemTech community through interactive sessions that equip FemTech founders and investors with the tools, knowledge and resources to break down traditional barriers to fundraising in FemTech.
Next Chapter Raise Founder Nicole Denholder will speak on the 28th July session!
- This event has passed.
Start TimeJuly 26 @ 9:00 am
End TimeJuly 30 @ 10:30 am