TERMS & CONDITIONS
2. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on this Site. Your use of this Site following such amendments constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as amended.
3. By accessing this Site, you also agree to our personal data popcy ("Privacy Popcy") and any other legal terms that are available on this Site.
4. In these Terms, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Next Chapter Ventures Co., pmited, with company registration number: 2118206 and includes a reference to our directors, officers, employees, affipates, agents, contractors or pcensors.
5. Your account
- You may have an account (“Account”) created on this Site registering you as a member (“Member”) which allows you to access the Services.
- By registering an Account, you warrant and confirm that:
- the information you provide to us for registration is true and correct;
- if you are an individual, you are over the age of 18 years;
- the Account is for your own use and benefit and not as trustee or agent or on behalf of any other party;
- if you are a corporation, the person registering an Account on your behalf is properly authorised by you to do so.
- We will not be held responsible if you fail to provide contact information and you do not receive a membership confirmation or other information from us that may be expecting. If you become aware that you have supplied invalid contact information, please contact us immediately to correct the information we hold about you.
- You shall keep the login details of your Account confidential and shall not disclose them to any third party or allow any third party to use your Account. If you think someone is using or has used your Account or you think or you are aware that your login details are known to a third party, you shall notify us immediately. You shall be liable for all activities in your Account using your login details until we have acknowledged our receipt of your notice pursuant to this term.
- You agree that you will not create any false account on this Site or use your Account for any immoral or illegal activity or purpose including malicious or fraudulent or unauthorised membership applications, or money laundering.
- We may suspend or terminate your Account at any time without prior notice or liability if you are in breach of any of these Terms or if we consider at our sole and absolutely discretion that the continuation of your Account will affect our reputation or interest. We may also terminate your Account at any time without assigning any reason by given not less than 30 days’ notice to you. If we suspend or terminate your Account you will not be able to use our Services any longer and may not be able to access all areas of the Site.
- We reserve the right to suspend your Account at any time without prior notice to protect your interest and/or ours. You will be notified once we have suspended your Account until we have at our absolute discretion re-activated your Account. During the suspension of your Account, you shall not be able to register for service offers or events or access certain materials.
- The suspension or termination of your Account for whatever reason shall be without prejudice to:
- the liability incurred by you through the Account prior to such termination or suspension; and
- your obligations or liabilities under any of these Terms which due to their nature shall continue during the suspension or after the termination of your Account.
- We will collect payment for our Services through this Site using payment collection services (“Payment Services”). The Payment Services may contain links to third party websites or resources (“Third Party Services”). Such Third Party Services are subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices and Members should review them independently. We are not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement by us of such Third Party Services.
- Third-Party Services may charge additional fees when processing payments in connection with the Payment Services. We are not responsible for any such fees and disclaims all liability in this regard.
- On reregistration of an Account, you may elect either a 30 day term or 12 month term membership (“Membership Term”). The Membership Term, unless first cancelled by you, shall renew automatically at its expiration (that is, every 30 days after you have registered or 12 months after you have registered).
- Your Membership Fee will be payable on registration, and at each renewal. We may change the Membership Fees by providing you with at least 30 days’ notice prior to the end of your Membership Term.
- You may cancel your Membership within the first 30 days of registering your Membership on the Site through your Account or by emailing us directly and we will refund you any Membership Fees paid by you. After the first 30 days of your Membership, you may only cancel your Membership if you do so at least 3 days before the expiry of your Membership Term. Later cancellation requests will be processed at the conclusion of the next 30 days during which time you will continue to be a Member and have access to all Services as a Member.
- If you fail to pay any Membership Fees or other charges on time, your privileges as a Member will be suspended until your account is brought current. If you repeatedly fail to pay or make payment late of any Membership Fees or other charges, we may terminate your Membership immediately upon notice to you (including by email). You will be responsible for any collection or legal costs incurred by us in connection with collection of your unpaid Membership Fees or other charges.
- Unless expressly provided herein, we will have no obligation to refund any Membership Fees or other expenses, even if you do not use your Membership or if we terminate your Membership before the end of the Membership Term.
- We may terminate your Membership at any time for any reason, in our sole discretion, upon two days’ prior written notice to you, upon a breach by you of these Terms.
8. Use of this site
- You must not do (or attempt to do) any of the following acts, nor assist others to do any of the following acts:
- use this Site for any activities which breach any applicable laws or infringe the rights of any third party;
- use this Site to post or transmit information or material that is obscene, illegal, threatening defamatory, abusive, offensive, vulgar or breach of proprietary right of any third party;
- knowingly transmit any viruses or other computer programs that may damage or interfere with this Site;
- tamper with or modify this Site; and
- use this Site to send unsolicited electronic messages.
- You agree to not access content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorised to access or attempting:
- to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to access or collect data or content from or interact with this Site;
- to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Services, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “hacking,” or “crashing”;
- to use the Site or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services;
- to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Services; or
- to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Site or Services.
9. Trademark and copyright
- We and other parties (as applicable) own the trademarks, trade names, logos and service marks ("Trademarks") that are used or displayed on this Site. You are not allowed to use any Trademark used or displayed on this Site without our or such other parties' prior written consent.
- Materials on this Site are protected by copyright. You are not allowed to modify, reproduce, store in a retrieval system, transmit, copy or distribute these materials (or any part of them), or use them for creating derivative works or in any other way for commercial or public purposes without our prior written consent.
- This Site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is being made available for educational and instructional purposes and so such use falls within “fair use” or “fair dealing” of copyrighted material that may otherwise be infringing.
10. No agency
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us and any Member, nor constitute any such party the agent of another such party for any purpose. No such party shall have authority to act as agent for, or to bind, another such party in any way.
11. Disclaimer and no warranty
- If you choose to use this Site, you do so at your own risk. We make no warranty or representation regarding your access to this Site or any content accessed via this Site, including without limitation: (i) that your access to this Site will be uninterrupted and error-free; (ii) that this Site and/or server is free from viruses or harmful components; and (iii) that any defects will be corrected.
- We do not offer professional advisory services on matters such financial planning or investment, tax, accountancy, or legal and so no information we provide, or views we express through our Site is intended to be relied on as professional advice. We are not financial planners, nor do we offer financial planning services or investment advisory services in any manner or form. Further, we do not make any representations or warranties as to the expected financial performance or profit forecast in respect of any business. Nothing in our Site should be relied upon for any investment activities. You are solely responsible for obtaining independent legal advice prior making any financial decisions or legal decisions, including making or accepting investments.
- We are not licensed under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571, Laws of Hong Kong, “SFO”) or other securities regulations in force in other jurisdictions. We do not advise our members on and will not recommend specific securities. Any mention or discussion of securities will be made only in an educational or informative context. No information or materials that we share or provide to our members whether directly or through this Site is meant to constitute an offer to issue or place securities or interests in a collective investment scheme under the SFO or is meant to constitute investment advice under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
- Though our services are educational in nature, we are not, however, an educational institution that is licensed as a school or vocational and professional education and training centre. And so, we do not provide or issue certificates, diplomas, or any degrees and nor is it regulated under the Education Ordinance (Cap. 279, Laws of Hong Kong) or other regulatory bodies.
- The information and materials contained in this Site, including text, graphics, links or other items are provided "as is", regardless of its source. We disclaim all warranties and conditions concerning the information or material contained on this Site, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a specific purpose. Further, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information, products or Services we provide. The use of our information, products and Services (whether paid for or not) is based on your own due diligence and at your own risk, having exercised your own independent discretion and judgment. We will not be liable for any success or failure you or your business may experience that is directly or indirectly related to your status as a Member and your use of our information, products and services.
- References to any specific third party product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by us. The views expressed by our partners or affiliates are their own and their partnership with us, or appearance on our Site or in our content does not imply that we endorse them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by our employees or partners are those of the employees or partners and do not necessarily reflect our views.
- You are solely responsible for all your communications and interactions with other users of the Site, including any other Members. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users of the Site and the Services. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information disclosed by you to us or to other members where such information concerns member’s business or venture. Moreover, we make no representation or warranty of any kind that the information you disclose or make available to us about your businesses or ventures through this Site that will be kept confidential, will not be disseminated, or otherwise protected from, for example, intellectual property infringement, even if you may consider such information confidential or proprietary and inform us of such.
- Where we make introductions or referrals to professional service providers or other third parties, we do so without guarantee or warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any advice or service rendered by such third party. We do not make a commission or referral fee unless we first disclose to you. Moreover, we are not responsible for the quality of the services provided by any professional service provider nor do we accept responsibility for any consequences resulting from you acting on any advisory services rendered by such professionals. You engage all such professional service providers on your own behalf and any professional-client relationship will be formed directly between you and your professional service provider only.
- From time to time we may report on the success of an existing or prior member. We do this without any warranty or guarantee to the accuracy of any such reported success. Moreover, we do not guarantee that you will be similarly successful. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
- Though we do basic know-your-client checks on our members, we do not analyse and vet each member’s business venture for viability of any kind. Investors investing in a business or founder introduced through our services do so at their own risk, having done all necessary due diligence, having considered all risk factors and do so at their own independent discretion.
12. Linked Websites
- We are not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this Site ("external websites"). Your access to and use of an external website is at your own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access and use. By providing hyperlinks to an external website, we shall not be deemed to:
- endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third party or the services or products it provides on the external website, nor that such external websites would be free from computer viruses or anything else that has destructive properties or
- have any form of cooperation with such third party and the external website. We are not a party to any contractual arrangement entered into between you and the provider of any external website unless we expressly specify or agree.
- We cannot and do not take responsibility for the collection or use of personal data from any external websites.
- You shall not link this Site to any other website without our express consent.
13. Internet risks
- Due to the nature of the Internet, messages may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission or incorrect data transmission. We are not liable for malfunctions in communications facilities beyond our control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages and other transmissions you send. By using the Site, you acknowledge there are risk associated with making payments through the Site due to the nature of the internet and online transactions.
- We do not represent or confirm the following (or any of them):
- that this Site will be available and meet your requirements;
- that access to this Site will not be interrupted;
- that there will be no delay, failure, error or omission or loss of information in transmission;
- that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive or otherwise inappropriate properties will be transmitted; and
- that no damage will occur to your computer system.
- You are solely responsible for the following:
- adequate protection and back up of data and equipment;
- undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and other contaminating or destructive or otherwise inappropriate properties; and
- keeping your personal information secured from unauthorized use.
14. Limitation of liability
- In no event will we be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this Site or any external websites or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if we, or our representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
- We will not be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, indirect damages of any kind, or for any lost revenues or profits, loss of savings, or loss of goodwill or reputation, with respect to any claims based on contract, tort or otherwise (including, without limitation, negligence and strict liability) arising from, relating to or in connection with the Membership, the Services, or these Terms regardless of whether we were advised, had other reason to know, or in fact knew of the possibility thereof.
- The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, losses, taxes, damages and expenses of whatever nature arising out of or in connection with your use of this Site or your breach of these Terms.
- This indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the Site. You hereby agree to waive the application of any law that may limit the efficacy of the foregoing agreement to indemnify us.
- Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, any notice or document from us to you shall be sent to the email address as specified by you on the registration of the Account as amended from time to time and shall be deemed to have been received by you upon despatch.
- You may change the email address provided by you for the service of notice to you under this term through your Account.
- You agree that the notice or document sent to the email address referred to in this clause shall be deemed to have been received upon it being sent and any subsequent return or non-delivery of such email shall not affect the validity of such notice.
- Any notice or document from you to us may be sent by email, post or personal delivery to the email address or address as published by us for this purpose from time to time and shall be considered as received only upon its actual receipt by us.
- Any remedy or right expressly set out herein in relation to a breach by you shall be without prejudice to and in additional to other right or remedy we have under law or other part of these Terms or under any other agreement we have with you.
- Your rights and liabilities under these Terms cannot be assigned to any other person.
- We may assign our rights and liability under these Terms to any third party by notice in writing to you and you shall take all reasonable action requested by us to effect such transfer.
- Any waiver by us of any breach of these Terms on your part shall be effective only in the instance and for the purpose for which it is given and no failure or delay by us in exercising or enforcing any right under these Terms shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- None of our rights under these Terms may be waived unless agreed in writing by us expressly by an authorised person.
- You agree that these Terms are fair and reasonable in all circumstances. However, if any provision of these Terms is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from these Terms and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these Terms.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623, Laws of Hong Kong) shall not apply to these Terms and no person other than parties to these Terms shall have any right under it nor shall it be enforceable by any person other than the parties to it.
16. Governing law
- Use of this Site shall be governed by laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Any disputes arising from these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts.
- Those who choose to access this Site from locations other than Hong Kong are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.