The Funding Edit – March 2022
It is March, which means everything is focused around International Women’s Day and this year’s theme #BreakTheBias.
This month, our Members are learning How Prevention vs Promotions Questions can impact your funding success.
Plus we give you an overview of other IWD Events worth checking out this month, including our FREE Founder and Mentor Hours on 24 March!
IWD Special: Break The Bias
How Prevention vs Promotions Questions can impact your funding success
- Do you want to know how to interact with investors to get 14 times more for funding?
- What if the funding gap is not due to any fundamental difference in the businesses started by men and women?
- What if women get less funding than men due to a simple difference in the questions that they get asked?
Recent research suggests that it might be the types of questions start-up founders get asked when they’re invited to pitch.
In this Masterclass we discuss the research including:
- What are prevention vs promotion questions and what they mean for you
- How your answer to these questions can impact your funding result
- How to reframe your answers to increase your chances for funding success
1. Our signature Investor and Founder Mentor Hours will bring together a diverse range of investors to provide mentor sessions to female founders. Each female founder will be allotted 25 minutes with different investors in virtual breakout rooms to ask questions and look for advice. This is a great opportunity to meet with investors and experts in a supportive space and ask any burning questions you might have!
Pre-matching will be arranged in advance. This session is open to female founders by application only and spots are limited so sign up quickly! Apply here!
2. Allow Sophia to take you on a journey of a female founder raising capital for her business. Meet female funders who invested and take a deep dive into that relationship. The second half of the event is a fireside chat with Insignia Ventures Partners and their portfolio company, Ease Healthcare. FIND OUT MORE >
3. Raising outside capital is a path many startups choose to accelerate their businesses growth and gain customers for their solutions. This vehicle for rapid growth, however, has historically been an opportunity more open for male founders, with female founders being granted a low single-digit percentage of venture funding despite returning higher revenue per dollar invested.
RAISE THE BAR PODCAST
Adrian Warr, CEO Edelman South-East Asia, is a founding member of The Male Allies and through this role as a gender equality champion, we have invited Adrian to share his views on gender diversity and how rewriting capitalism can change the world.
So you want to be an entrepreneur but don’t know where you can get the seed capital from? Before you look outside at others, learn to place a bet on yourself and give self-funding a real chance to give your concept wings. READ MORE>
For more events and funding opportunities, join Savvy Club to gain access to our Funding Calendar to find upcoming funding opportunities, including our monthly MasterClasses and Community Calls. FIND OUT MORE >