The Funding Edit – September 2021
This month’s Next Chapter Funding Edit covers a wide ranging topics including How to Expand Internationally, Insights from Mel Gollan from RIPA Global and more! Read on>
This Month’s MasterClass
Ever wondered how you will expand internationally? Plus how will you pay for it? April Lam from Aello Consulting, specialises in helping FCMG brands expand into SE Asia. April was involved in the market-entry strategy and localized marketing to help HK SMEs in mapping their regional growth on both online and offline levels.
HOW TO EXPAND INTERNATIONALLY & FUNDING OPTIONS
- A brief overview of potential markets in SE Asia
- What to consider when expanding internationally?
- How do you enter the market?
- What are the key challenges?
- What government funding options are available?
This Month’s Entrepreneur-in-Residence
As RIPA Global’s CEO & Founder, Mel’s passion lies in innovating to defy all odds; designing technology that transforms businesses. A descendant of a New Zealand Maori Chief, she’s a natural self-starter and born leader, who believes in the combined power of discipline and hard work.
NCR July 2020’s entrepreneur-in-residence, tells her story of launching two very different businesses. Her first tech cash-back business successfully raised venture capital but eventually closed due to market changes. Yosha explains how she dealt with the resulting investor discussions and how she went on to launch her second business bringing Indian folklore to create one-of-a kind hand painted bags.
– Yosha Gupta –
- Femtech Collective Market Report For decades, female health has been underfunded, under-resourced, and approached as a one-man fits all approach. As healthcare systems and governments continue to fail women, women have taken it upon themselves to create and utilize technology that will improve their general healthcare. This report dives deeper into the current state of FemTech, analyzes the challenges in emerging markets, and examines financing trends in female health. DOWNLOAD THE REPORT>
- All-Female Leadership raises Iceland’s largest VC fund Wonderful news about two new female-led VCs who have just closed funding and are increasing diversity in the funding ecosystem. MORE>
- World’s First Sustainable Packaging Sourcing Marketplace Launches with Oversubscribed Pre-Seed This amazing Hong Kong company received funding for the World’s First Sustainable Packaging Sourcing Marketplace Launches with Oversubscribed Pre-Seed! MORE>.
Female Founders’ Deal Room The female economy is the world’s largest emerging market, with the potential to add $12 trillion to global GDP by 2025. Recognizing the immense opportunity for economic growth and social impact by investing in women, Sankalp is facilitating a Female Founders’ Deal Room, exclusively for women-founded businesses who are looking to raise capital. Application Deadline – September 26th. FIND OUT MORE >
For more events and funding opportunities, join Savvy Club to gain access to our Funding Calendar to find upcoming funding opportunities, including our monthly MasterClasses and Community Calls. FIND OUT MORE >